Dr. Peterson may recommend a dental crown if a patient needs the appearance, shape, size, or strength of a tooth restored back to normal. A dental crown is a custom-made cap that covers a tooth. This tooth-shaped covering will cover the entire visible part of the tooth. Dr. Peterson may recomend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Secure a cracked tooth together
- Restore a tooth that is already broken or badly worn down
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover a badly stained or irregularly shaped tooth
- Improve the tooth’s appearance
At our office, we provide metal, porcelain-fused-to-metal, resin, and porcelain dental crowns. Metal crowns are made out of chromium, palladium, nickel, or gold. Metal crowns are very strong and withstand the chewing and biting forces of the mouth. Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns provide an excellent color match to your natural teeth. Resin crowns are less expensive than other dental crowns, but they are not as strong. Porcelain dental crowns provide the best color match to your natural teeth of all the dental crown types.
Please contact our dental office today in Stockton, CA at 209-473-2521 to learn more and to schedule you next visit.